Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Team Jen...Thank You!

Friends. They come, they go. Some find a place in your heart and some leave footprints on their way out. 

The past month, almost two months, I have gotten great turn out from my friends on Facebook with my new journey. Many of them I know in person, I would say a good 85%, and the others are very dear to my heart. And one of them is the best thing that's ever happened to me! 

During one of my meetings, I was told I have a good Team Jen on my side and I took that and brought it to Facebook. And I have to say, when I can post a new status and I have 15 likes in the first 14 minutes of it being up, I don't have just friends, I have Team Jen friends. They are there to support me and just them liking my status, THAT is support. What they may not know is, I may be motivating them, but THEY are motivating ME! They don't have to leave a comment, I know they care. And it's not that they JUST care, they want to see me succeed just as I want to succeed. 

All my life, I can honestly say, I have wanted to be an inspiration to people. And in my 37 years of life, I feel as if that is happening now. And I know it's happening now. When a friend tells you they got home from work and didn't want to go to the gym and yet when they read my status, they got their bag and went to the gym. The pride that wells up inside of me for them is outstanding! To be told I'm being followed because they look up to me and I motivate them. I thought I would leave this world never having touched a life. I figured the legacy I would leave would dry up and die with me. But that was before I realized I want to be WHO I AM SUPPOSE TO BE. And right now, I'm not that person. But I am on the right path to find her! 

Today I was asked what goals I have for myself. They weren't hard to think of. :) I want to be able to buy clothes in a normal store. I want to be able to go to a concert and buy a shirt because I'll actually wear it. For the last five years I've gone to the same concert in Portland. The last four I've gotten t-shirts because we were VIPs. I can't wear them. I have a shirt from when I saw Celine Dion live in Vegas. I have a shirt from when I did Krav Maga. I can't wear them. It's very sad when you're the one who can't buy or wear anything you really think is cute in normal stores. By normal, I'm talking away from Lane Bryant, Avenue, Big Gals, Catherine's....more like Khols, JCPenny, Ross Dress for Less, Fred Meyer...CLOTHES! THAT FIT! That is a HUGE goal I have! To dress CUTE! I'm 37 and I hide in the color black. Another goal I have is when I get down in weight, to get a Dragon Pride t-shirt from the Chamber here in Dallas. And my other goal, I want to be happy. I...want to be happy. I haven't been and I know I've been WAAAAAAAAAY more happy than in the past and it's real! It's a true and honest happiness! I just want to be happy with ME! To know I don't have to think about what's right or wrong to wear...if I'm going to look more fat or less fat in something. I want to put it on and wear it with pride because dogonit, I worked my ASS off to get this far and I'm NOT going to keep it closed in. 

My NUMBER ONE goal in ALL of this...is to help those who don't feel like they deserve to be happy, to those who don't feel they're worth it. To those who want to find themselves. In the last couple of years, I've worked on my life and the steps I've taken have helped me get to this point. The one thing I know, very deep in my heart, is that you are never overweight because you want to be. Or need to be. There is something deep inside that is causing it to happen. And that goes for the other end as well....those who starve themselves, those who binge and purge. I've seen it, I've done it. I understand and I empathize with you. I truly hope you can feel my heart in reading this because I'm pouring it out. My goal is to help those who want it. You have to REALLY want it. And you have to REALLY want it for YOURSELF. 

Thank you to each and every single one of you who has climbed on board Team Jen. Even if you don't think you're doing anything, just your "likes" is enough! You each hold a very special place in my heart and be ready, because in a year or so, there's going to be a big celebration and you're ALL invited!! :) 

I'll leave you with a photo of one of my favorite motivational pictures....it's a HUGE help to me and it's my desktop photo. Sorry it's so small. Save it and zoom in! :) 




3 comments:

  1. i miss the quality of clothes that you get from Lane Bryant (im too small for them now). but i think i found a good replacement Dress barn, they do have a plus size section and it seems that mostly what they have in plus sizes they have in normal sizes (my store has one size as plus and one side as normal sizes).
    good job motivating people. you rock. keep it up. (this is lessoff from OD by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah Dress Barn! We have that here too! I'm just excited to shop wherever I want and not have to worry about it! And it's really nice because we garage sale A LOT and we find some pretty cute clothes at them. I look forward to being able to buy them for super cheap and wear them proudly! :)

    Thank you! I don't ever plan on stopping so the more people I can motivate, the happier I'll be! :) Thank you for the note! :)

    ReplyDelete