Thursday, August 29, 2013

Liquid Awesome!!

A very dear friend of mine left the title of this post on a Facebook status of mine and I'm taking it as my own!! 

I'm not sure how many people who go to gyms are proud of their sweat, but I TOTALLY am!! I told my trainer and some friends that I didn't want to change, I wanted to wear my sweat all day because I'm VERY proud of it! Of course I didn't because I had places to go, but it's true. I don't go the gym to look cute. I go to the gym to kick some major butt! I don't have liquid awesome coming down my face because I'm just looking at machines and dreaming about working out on them....I DO THEM AND GET AN AWESOME REWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not just the sweat, hahahaha, but the feeling that I did something awesome for myself! When you've hated yourself for 27+ years and you start liking yourself and eventually loving yourself...it takes you by surprise, but you grab on and go on an endless ride of finding who you are, what you want to do, who you want to be! And it doesn't matter your age. Age is a number and with exercise, health issues can be resolved. I know my blood pressure is doing AWESOME now! Last time I went to the Dr., my blood pressure was 110/60! NEVER in my life have I had that low of blood pressure! He said, "If you keep that up, we'll be taking you off that medication!" RIGHT ON!!!!! 

Today, Wednesday, at the gym, I decided I'd write down what machines I use, the amount of weight I do and the sets/rep. If for no other reason, to look back and see how far I've come! 

For my warm-up, I walked a 1/2 mile on the treadmill at a 2.5 incline and 2.4 speed. After my warm-up, I start on the machines. This is in order of what I do. 


  1. Lateral Pull 3 sets/12 reps per set at 60 lbs
  2. Pec Deck 3 sets/12 reps per set at 35 lbs
  3. Military Press 3 sets/12 reps per set at 30 lbs
  4. Tricep Pull 3 sets/21 reps per set at 45 lbs
  5. Bicep bar 3 sets/21 reps per set at 25 lbs
  6. Leg extension 3 sets/12 reps per set at 40 lbs
  7. Leg press 3 sets/12 reps per set at 155 lbs for the first set...after the first one, my trainer said, "Not gonna lie. That looked really easy!" I looked at him, smiled and said, "Not gonna tell the truth and say you're right!" So he added 10 lbs on each side. The last two sets I did 175 lbs. 
  8. Standing curl (for calves) 3 sets/12 reps per set at 40 lbs. 
For cool down I rode two miles on the Espresso Bike. 

All in all, I can say I'm really happy with the amount I do with the weights. I see where I'm weakest and those are getting worked on. I haven't gone up in the bicep bar since I've started the gym. I am THRILLED with the weight I can leg press though! I think my trainer was amazed too! And with those, I'm never struggling with doing the sets. My only concern is my knees. I'm sure I could press more, but I'm just worried my knees will backfire on me and that wouldn't set well with me. 

I also can't believe the amount I sweat! But you know what? I LOVE EVERY SINGLE BIT OF IT! This is sweat I am SO proud of! I worked my ASS off to sweat like that! And it felt good! But I will be honest and tell you, when I was doing the tricep pull....I wanted to quit SO many times, but I didn't. I just paused when I felt I was losing control of the exercise, but I pushed them out and I was very proud of myself. It just shows me what I need to work on! 

This evening we went to dinner. I wasn't too worried about what I'd eat because I still had to swim for an hour. Thankfully, after dinner, that was able to happen and I switched up my laps a bit. I took the two hardest arm exercises and the two hardest leg exercises and I do three of each instead of having three different arm and leg laps and not being able to get through them! But, thankfully, I go at my own pace at the gym and I take breaks between machines. I drink a lot of water while I'm there too. So I swam and burned a little over 1500 calories! 

A couple friends of mine have been asking me questions about exercise and stuff and I have to say, that has been the most fun! And from what I've heard, my thoughts and ideas are going to become a reality! 

I love how tired I get at night! I could fall asleep in my chair and I haven't taken any medication yet! That tells me I'm doing the right thing!

If any of you that read need motivation or suggestions, please don't hesitate to send me an email or a private message on Facebook. I'll make an email for my blog. When that's complete, I will throw it in here and you can feel free to email me and I'll respond as time permits me too! :) most times you'll have a response within a few hours, even a couple or by the time you wake up in the morning! 

Have a wonderful rest of your week! I hope your weather is being nice for you and that you're able to enjoy the nice weather the end of summer is giving us! Thank you again for reading my blog! It means the world to me and I appreciate it more than you know! Keep Smilin! :)

1 comment:

  1. when i used to attend Weight watchers meetings there would always be these older women that are like eww we dont work out because sweating is gross. and id say in front of everyone (that was a side comment) that im not paying for my gym membership not to sweat.
    :)
    keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete