Saturday, August 24, 2013

Little Things

A couple weeks into my new way of living, I started to notice things were getting easier to do. I think, that alone, was a HUGE push for me to keep going! Normally, it would scare me to see change. I saw it as I was losing my protection and I would be hurt again. But whatever clicked inside of me, it threw away the fear of being hurt. So when I see changes, no matter how small, I love it! 

One of the first things I noticed was, when I would go through a tighter place, I wouldn't touch the sides. Chairs that were too tight at the hip area...not as tight anymore. Getting dressed and when you put your shirt on, your arms swim in the arm holes...esp in long sleeve. And all I was doing then was swimming every day. I saw the changes of that and I was thrilled! 

The simple act of taking a shower. That used to wear me out. I'd have to sit on the side of the tub for a few minutes to catch my breath. That was a PITA (Pain in the arse). And just drying off...it took work and now...it's not hard at all. I'm way more flexible again and inches are coming off. Even if I don't lose pounds, I know I'm losing inches! I've also noticed my lap is getting more room! This has been a big issue for me since that is where most of my weight is. But it's coming off and I know it's inches, so I am extremely happy! 

Along with seeing the little things that are changing, it doesn't take much to do something. Because something is better than nothing! I have six different motivational photos in my bathroom...this is one of them...

So no matter what you do, if you're doing SOMETHING, you're ahead of everyone who isn't doing anything!! I don't know many people who don't like music...who will admit to making up dances to songs when you were younger? Heck yeah I did! Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson! I danced to that song all the time! And we all know music has gotten a bit better since then! I'm not saying you have to go out and dance in your yard! Do it in your house, in your bedroom, if you have kids, have them join in! Include them! It's never too early to teach a healthy way of living. It's never too late either. 

I'm not a coach, I'm not an exercise pro. I'm just a woman finding herself after being lost for 27 years. And if I can give ANY glimmer of hope, ANY inspiration, that is my ultimate goal. If you have questions, I will do my best to answer them. In my next post I'll talk about what I changed in order to start succeeding at this new journey! 






No comments:

Post a Comment