Thursday, January 14, 2016

Remember me?

It's been a day or two since I last wrote! HA! It's been a couple years, three in October. So yeah, life went on and the weight loss journey stopped. A lot has happened since my last entry. I got married, as most of you know who may read this. 

My mom got a Fitbit for Christmas and that kind of got me thinking. She wanted me to get one so we could have a friendly competition. My parents bought me one and when it arrived on January 4th, I quickly put it on to charge and downloaded the App. I set it up and waited for it to be fully charged. It only takes two hours to be done. When I finally put it on my arm, I only took it off when I took a shower and put it on right after I was done and I take it off when I charge it. I've only had to charge it once since I got it.  

So I put it on the 4th and went about my daily life. I was in a very deep depression and my doctor put me on a new med so I was waiting for that to grab hold. I had it on a week and I got a few awesome things at church and that led me to doing a food chart on my Fitbit. I put in my weight, height and goal of what I want to weigh. I knew this was the time I'd finally be healthy. I've had peace in my heart ever since all this happened at my church. Saturday, the 9th, the women from our church had our monthly luncheon. We went to Murphy's in Dallas. I always get a hamburger with tater tots with a Mr. Pibb. I decided I didn't want a hamburger. I ordered a chef salad, but stuck with the Mr. Pibb. That was a very good salad. The next day, everyone from my church went to Murphy's for our annual Christmas lunch. This time, I decided to have the salad again, but I got iced tea to drink. And again, the salad was perfect. So I logged it in my phone and I decided then and there, no matter what I put in my mouth, I'm logging. 

I've kept that up to date ever since Sunday. That evening, my mom and I and a friend went to Waremart and we got the makings for salad, and a few sugar free treats I can have. So that evening, I made my lunch and took it with me on Monday. I also started logging the amount of water I take in each day. So on Tuesday, I made a failure move, but this is the difference between now and way back when. I didn't punish myself. I told myself I messed up and tomorrow was a new day. And it was and I did great the next day. Today however, I'm really low on what I ate. I'm allotted a certain amount of calories a day that it figured from my weight. So today I was allotted 2,861 and I had a total of 1,292. So I have 1,236 left in my daily budget. Am I hungry? Yes I am. But I did well with dinner. I had a chicken Caesar salad at Costco and I bought one for tomorrow's lunch. Normally, I'd get one of their swirl yogurts. I didn't today. 
Yesterday, Wednesday, my friend Sherry took me to lunch to thank me for all the help I've given her and I looked up what I could have at DQ. We headed there and I ordered their $5 lunch and had grilled chicken wraps. They were very good! I didn't eat my fries and I had a small swirl sundae. Now normally, I'd eat a hamburger, fries and have a small cookie dough blizzard. When I got back to my mom's work, I looked up the calories in a small cookie dough blizzard...710 calories. That is just crazy to me. So now I make better choices. And if my will fails, I know I can take a walk, drink more water...do anything to make it matter and know that the next day is new and I get another chance at being healthy. 

I told my counselor today that right now, I'm focusing on my eating and getting that down. I walk a lot more than I used to. I walk in place at times, but I might park a bit farther away. My mom and I took a walk on Tuesday after we got home from work. It was a good thing because that's the day I failed. The working out part will come. But I'm not rushing it and I'm taking it a day at a time. 

This time is more real than any other time. My head is in it and I'm not doing it for anyone but me. I have things I want to do in my life and those things will be easier to do if I'm a lot less in weight. 

This is my year! I hope you'll hang on with me and see where I end up! I'm excited and I feel more prepared this way. I think, a lot, before I buy a food item. I ask myself if I want to waste calories on it and more times than not, no, I don't. I'll use it in other ways. It's still a learning process, but life is a huge classroom. I'm here to learn and I'm here to win! 

Thank you for taking time to read this! I really appreciate it! Let me know if you read this! I'd really appreciate it! Thank you! :) 

Jen 

No comments:

Post a Comment